The World's Largest Lesson starts on September 18th, 2017. With empathy, passion and creativity young people can make the world a better place.
"World’s Largest Lesson introduces the Sustainable Development Goals to children and young people everywhere and unites them in action."
The “World’s Largest Lesson” introduces Global Goals to children, throughout the world, and encourages them to act to achieve 3 extraordinary things:
- End extreme poverty
- Fight inequality and injustice
- Tackle climate change
Launched two years ago by The United Nations, Global Goals’ new project for 2017 focuses on food, sustainability and hunger. As part of the campaign, children are being asked to think about the impact of their food choices and pledge to make changes – from healthy eating to reducing waste, from sourcing closer to home to checking on the practices of food producers.
Children are being invited to take part in two activities:
1) "Every Plate Tells A Story" asks children to evaluate their plate, identify something they can change and share it with the Global Goals team.
At Lottie HQ, we’re pledging to:
- Prioritise taking time-out to eat mindfully, whether it’s our office’s mid-week bake-off or dinner with our families
- Grow our own! With plans ranging in ambition from herbs-in-pots to sweeping orchards
- Share our speedy supper solutions with each other so that – whenever possible – we can rustle up a healthy meal for ourselves, from scratch
The new Global Goals project starts on September 18th and we’d love to hear your ideas about the small steps that you might take.
PS: As part of our Inspired by Real Kids campaign, we’ve just run a Bake with Lottie competition! The six winners shared some scrummy treat ideas with us. The recipes will be featured in a mini cookbook which will be included with our Baker Boy Finn product that launches, next year.
You can find out more about this month’s competition, here!