Terms and Conditions
Lottie Superhero Outfit Design Competition 2014
FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS
BY SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY INTO THE LOTTIE SUPERHERO OUTFIT DESIGN COMPETITION YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
• 1. Terms and Conditions: All entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”). By entering the Lottie Superhero Outfit Design Competition (the “Competition”), all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the full Terms and Conditions set out by Arklu Limited (“the Promoter”) to be found at http://www.lottie.com/superhero-outfit-design-competition-terms-conditions/
• 2. Eligibility: Competition open to kids aged 10 and under only. Age determined on the closing date of 07/05/2014
• 3. Parental permission: No purchase is necessary; however internet access is required and verifiable parental consent is necessary to enter this Competition. Parental / guardian consent is required to submit a child’s entry to the Lottie dolls Facebook page www.facebook.com/lottiedolls
• 4. Notification: A winner will be selected by jury and confidentially notified in May 2014. A public announcement will be made in October 2014.
• 5. Multiple entries permitted: However, no group entries are permitted.
• 6. Competition Entry Period:
Entries accepted between 19:00 Sunday 6th April 2014 BST (the “Opening Date”) and 23:59 on Wednesday 7th May 2014 BST(the “Closing Date”)
• 7. What do I need to do to enter the Competition?
o a) Parents: Go to the Lottie Facebook page; download and print out the template. Lottie dolls Facebook page www.facebook.com/lottiedolls
o b) Kids: Start colouring and create a superhero outfit design for Lottie and describe the superpowers and special abilities that their superhero has.
o c) Parents: Take a photo of your child’s design, fill out the entry form and upload a photo of the child’s Lottie superhero outfit design. The photo can be a mobile phone / mobile device image and no bigger than 3MB and in either JPG, BMP, GIF or PNG or TIFF format. Parental / guardian consent is required to submit a child’s entry.
• 8. How many times can I enter? The parent / guardian may submit as many Lottie superhero outfit designs created by the child as they wish, and for more than one of their children. Group entry is not permitted.
• 9. What happens if identical superhero outfit designs and superpower abilities are submitted by different entrants? In the event that more than one Entrant submits the same outfit design and superpower abilities, the Promoter, in its sole discretion, shall have sole and final determination as to which entry is preferred.
• 10. Entry Criteria:
o a) Entries must not contain images or references to any brand or doll other than the Lottie doll; nor can they contain or reference any third party names, logos and/or trademarks.
o b) Entries (including the image) must not contain defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content. Entries must not contain any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation. Entry must not promote a commercial/business enterprise, a charity, political, religious cause or any cause other than the theme of the Competition.
o c) Entries will be automatically reviewed and moderated for content before being displayed publicly, however such review does not relieve you from responsibility for compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
Any entry that is found, at any time, not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by the Promoter, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. The Promoter shall have sole and final determination as to which entries are eligible to take part in this Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into. The Entrant may be notified via email if their Entry is rejected or disqualified but due to the number of anticipated entries we will not be able to provide any further information.
o d) The Promoter reserves the right to alter the name/image of an Entry in its sole discretion including but not limited to: correction of errors, cosmetic changes to images or where entry names or images are not in compliance with applicable laws and regulations or are otherwise not appropriate. Put simply:
THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE ANY NECESSARY CHANGES TO ENTRIES AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION AT ANY TIME DURING THE COMPETITION.
o e) Incomplete, illegal, misdirected or late Entries will not be accepted. Proof of entry/transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
o f) Warrants and represents that verifiable parental consent is given for the submission of their child’s design into the Lottie superhero outfit design competition, and that Arklu Ltd has their permission to collect information about their child, specifically their child’s first name, age, city and country. Entries without this verifiable parental consent will not be considered.
o g) A parent / guardian who submits a child’s design to the Competition must do using their own Facebook account to enter. If selected as Winner, the parent / guardian will be required to provide proof of the child’s age & identity.
o h) All Entrants acknowledge that other Entrants may have submitted ideas and concepts that may be similar or the same to his/her Entry, and that he/she will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with the Promoter over such matters.
o i) By entering this Promotion, the Parent / Guardian acknowledges and agrees that the child’s artwork as well as first name, age, city and country will be published in an online gallery during and after the close of the Competition at facebook.com/lottiedolls and Pinterest at http://www.pinterest.com/lottiedolls/girl-superhero-outfit-design-competition/ and Twitter at https://twitter.com/lottie_dolls and may also be used in other media at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
Winner Selection Process:
• 11. Judging Criteria for Selection of Winner: All Entries will be judged by a panel including at least one independent panellist member of the Brave Girls Alliance, to find the best submitted Entry. All valid Entries will be judged on the following criteria (the “Judging Criteria”):
Lottie superhero outfit designs will be judged against their:
- Creativity and Originality
- Fun and overall ‘kid-appeal’
- Adherence to the Lottie brand values, especially in terms of being ‘pro girl’
- Adherence to the Brave Girls Alliance values
- Adherence to toy safety testing standards
- How much it will appeal to the public, and whether it will make a great winner, as decided by Arklu Ltd and an expert judging panel
- Votes and public support: votes and demonstrations of public support for outfit designs submitted as contest entries may be considered, but are not a final determinant of choice.
• 12. How is the Winner contacted?: The Winner will be selected and their parent / guardian notified in confidence by email in May 2014. THE WINNER’S PARENT / GUARDIAN WILL BE CONTACTED BY EMAIL. UPON ACKNOWLEDGING RECEIPT THE WINNER’S PARENT / GUARDIAN MUST RETURN A SIGNED DISCLAIMER FORM TO ARKLU TO VERIFY THE CHILD’S IDENTITY AND ELIGIBILITY.
• The parent or legal guardian must ratify and sign any and all documents required of the Winner.
• If attempted notification using all the contact details supplied by the Winner at time of entry are returned as undeliverable, or if a Winner cannot be verified within a reasonable time period of 10 working days, or if a Winner is otherwise unable to accept their status as Winner or is otherwise ineligible, their selection as Winner will be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected, in the Promoter’s sole discretion. The Winner is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
NOTIFICATION OF WINNER STATUS MUST BE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL UNTIL THE WINNER IS PUBLICLY REVEALED BY THE PROMOTER IN OCTOBER 2014.
• 13. How is the winning Lottie superhero outfit sold?: The winning Lottie superhero outfit will be developed by the Arklu team for manufacture and be on sale in participating retailers from approximately September 2014.
• 14. Sale and distribution of the winning Lottie superhero outfit cannot be guaranteed: The winning Lottie superhero outfit will be put into production following the selection and confirmation of eligibility of the Winner’s entry. Sale and distribution of the winning Lottie superhero outfit is dependent on participation by retailers and cannot be guaranteed by the Promoter.
• 15. The Prize:
o a) Main Prize: The Winner will see their winning Lottie superhero outfit design manufactured and made commercially available. The Winner will have a reproduction of their original artwork, first name, age, city and country displayed on the back of the product packaging. The prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-redeemable for cash, and must be accepted as awarded. No substitutions of any kind will be made.
• 16. The Winner is not entitled to any claim or a percentage of any sales of the Winner’s Lottie superhero outfit design. The Winner acknowledges that he/she will not receive any compensation or proceeds from the sale or use of the Lottie superhero outfit design.
• 17. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties with respect to the volume or period of sale of the Winner’s Lottie superhero outfit design. It is at the Promoter’s sole discretion how long the Winner’s Lottie superhero outfit design will stay in production, and/or the manufacturing volumes and distribution levels of the outfit. The Promoter has the right in its sole discretion not to produce, and/or to withdraw from production at any time and for any reason, the Winner’s Lottie superhero outfit design.
As condition of entry into this Promotion, by submitting an Entry parents and guardians:
o a) Warrant and represent that verifiable parental consent is given for the submission of their child’s design into the Lottie superhero outfit design competition, and that Arklu Ltd has their permission to collect information about their child, specifically their child’s first name, age, city and country.
o b) Warrant and represent that the Entry, including without limitation the Lottie superhero outfit design and the image: (a) is original to the child (b) is submitted in good faith (c)has been legally obtained and created; (d) does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party, or violate applicable laws, regulations, or network standards; (e) has not been entered in or won previous promotions or awards; and (f) has not be published previously in any medium.
o c) Warrant and represent that notification of Winner status will be kept confidential until the Winner is publicly revealed by Promoter.
o d) Warrant and represent that all necessary rights and consents have been obtained in the content of the Entry.
o e) Irrevocably assign with full title guarantee to the Promoter and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees all rights, title and interest in the Entry.
o f) Forever waive any rights of privacy, intellectual property rights and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude the Promoter’s use of the Entry, and agree to never sue or assert any claim against the Promoter or any of its affiliates or agents for their use of the Entry.
o g)Grant the Promoter the unconditional, exclusive, and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, copyright, and otherwise use the Entry or part thereof in any manner throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval. This includes, but is not limited to the right to publish, republish, transmit, sell, distribute and otherwise use the design in electronic, film, game and print form, and agree to authorize the Promoter to license or permit others to do so.
o h)Grant the Promoter permission to share the Entry on the Promoter’s Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or Pinterest page solely in connection with this Contest and in compliance with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest’s policies and for no other purpose.
o i) Agree to indemnify and hold the Promoter and its respective affiliates, harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs and liabilities relating to any allegation regarding the status as Winner or the Entry itself.
o j) Agree to have the child’s first name, age, city and country used in related publicity materials for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes to promote the launch of the winning outfit, on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation, whether they are selected as winner or not.
• 19. The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid entries including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of an Entrant.
• 20. The Promoter reserves the right to carry out reasonable due diligence to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any Entrant or Entry in advertising or publicity for the promotion will not bring the Promoter into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavourably on the Promotion as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion.
• 22. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons (including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion) the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or alter the Promotion in its sole discretion but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
• 23. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
• 25. Any entrant posting or seen to be posting comments to the Promoters Facebook page or elsewhere during the Promotion that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other contestants, or directly aimed at the Promoter, or their partners, will have their comments removed and will be disqualified. We reserve the right to alert Facebook and other relevant platforms to any such behaviour and you may have your account frozen pending investigation.
• 26. For details of the first name, age, city and country of the Winner, send your request with a self-addressed envelope to: “Arklu Lottie Superhero Outfit Design Competition 2014″ at the Promoter’s address below within 8 weeks of the winner being notified in May 2014.
• 27. This Promotion is governed by the laws of England and subject to the jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Promoter: Arklu Ltd, 47 Beaufort Mansions, Beaufort St, London, SW3 5AG, UK.